Friday, October 31, 2008

Grandma's Journal 10/29/08

Wednesday 10/29/08
Mike worked and I cleaned house all morning (yes we have no maid any more and I’m much happier) and then played Mah Jong in the afternoon. This is usually a Tuesday/Thursday tradition, but that’s because nobody wants to play tomorrow because it is election day and there could be riots, etc. I don’t think so, not in Chingola. Possibly the bigger cities, but why on election day, I think the only problem will be the day after when they have counted the votes. We are supposed to play on Friday (the day after). They told us in Church on Sunday to be home by 5 pm this week and stay off the streets. Of course he is mostly thinking about those in Kitwe… it’s a bigger town. We went out to dinner with Dennis, Suzanne and Bob ‘cause Bob is leaving on Friday. I think he wanted to get rid of his Kwatcha.

No comments: