Sunday, October 12, 2008

Grandma's Journal 9/26/08

Friday 9/26/08
Came to the Chingola house today and Cindy had a maid for me. The poor girl scrubbed the WC and bathroom and then all of the floors on her hands and knees. I can’t believe how hard she worked all day, and all this for about $6. She didn’t have a babysitter so she brought her 4 yr old daughter with her. Oh my gosh, what a sweetheart. She wanted me to hold her all day, or hold her hand, but I was busy washing out all the bedroom cupboards and then had go to the store which took forever because it’s close to the end of the month and that means payday and the stores are packed. I bought her some crayons and some paper and showed her how to make a mark on the paper. Bought her some cookies too, you can plainly see them on her face in the picture. It was really cute. She spent the whole day there with nothing to do and never fussed or complained at all. She also never smiled which kinda bothered me. I couldn’t get her to. I took her picture and then showed her on the camera. She just kept staring at it in amazement. Most of the house is done. They put in a new water pump, the painting is finished. I had to chip all the sealing goop off the floor from where they sealed the ceiling. The toilet is fixed. The bedroom air is installed, but the electrician has to do his part and he also has to install a new element for the 2nd hot water tank, joyfully known here as a “geyzer”, but spelled Giezer (as in Old Faithful?).

No comments: